Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting Variants from Production to Development

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have 25 variants for a program in Production. The same program on development has 1 variant. I don't know how it happened. I think our company people have created variants directly in production. We are trying to move only the variants for the program to development to make use of them in the other program (since total variants are 25-30 in number).

SAP gives an option to move the variants for a program through 'Transport Request'. We are getting an error message 'Transport Performed with errors. Individual objects could not be transported successfully', when we try to move the variants from Production to Development.

Please let me know the solution if you had done it in the past or give some suggestions on how to proceed to solve the problem.

Thanks in advance.

With Best Regards,

Vidya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

there is a report that can copy variants.

The link is: http://sap.ittoolbox.com/code/d.asp?d=2275&a=s

The report can download variants from the productive system and upload this to the development system.

Regards,

Stefan

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transports are like one way street, they are normally configured to move from DEV to QAS to PRD, but not in the reverse direction. I am not aware of any way to do it except manually recreating them.

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

there is a report that can copy variants.

The link is: http://sap.ittoolbox.com/code/d.asp?d=2275&a=s

The report can download variants from the productive system and upload this to the development system.

Regards,

Stefan

0 Kudos

The link for this code sample no longer works. Can someone please post the code for this?