Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting parameters when calling a transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I want to transport some parameters to the transaction that I call. Currently I’m using this way of calling a transaction (CALL TRANSACTION ‘NAME’ MODE 'N' UPDATE 'S'  MESSAGES INTO messtab. Using batch input (bdcdata)). When I use this I’m not able to call another transaction. So is there another way to transport parameters when calling a transaction (module pool)?.

Thanks in advanced.

Best regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

Use Export Memory ID, IMPORT Memory Id if you are accessing in same session.

Or use, SET parameter ID, GET parameter ID if you want to store and retrieve in come other session.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arben,

What do you mean by "call another transaction"?

If your concern is about the hard coded parameters you can use a constant table like STVARV and pass the parameters according to your needs.

Check the CALL TRANSACTION documentation if you have any doubts about the command

https://help.sap.com/abapdocu_70/en/ABAPCALL_TRANSACTION.htm

Regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos

Hi Felipe,

With "call another transaction" I mean calling the same transaction in another session in the same computer. I used export/import from/to Memory ID to transport parameters but when I call it twice or more parameters confuse and then I get no right values, but values that are stored in local memory from the first execution.

I mean everything goes right, but only the first time.

Any idea?

Thank you!

0 Kudos

Arben,

could you describe the flow that you programs should be executed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, try to look towards using SUBMIT if you call executable program.

Another way  - use export/import from/to Memory ID to transport some parameters between different programs

0 Kudos

Hi Maxim,

I used export/import from/to Memory ID to transport parameters but when I call it twice or more parameters confuse and then I get no right values, but values that are stored in local memory from the first execution.

I mean everything goes right, but only the first time.

Any idea?

Thank you!

0 Kudos

after geting data from memory id you should do FREE MEMORY ID

0 Kudos

Use Export Memory ID, IMPORT Memory Id if you are accessing in same session.

Or use, SET parameter ID, GET parameter ID if you want to store and retrieve in come other session.