Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting a SAP Query from DEV to PRD

former_member208409
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We created a Query Report using SQ03, SQ02 and SQ01 for Travel Report in DEV and is working fine. Now, we want to move this query to PRD. For this, we tried create a Transport using SQ02>Environment>Transports and finally a transport request was generated and moved to PRD.

But the requisite Query, Infosets and User Groups are not there in PRD. Are we using the correct approach to Transport a Query to PRD?

Please help.

Regards,

CMC Team

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can export your query and infoset from DEV and IMPORT it into PRD.

8 REPLIES 8

0 Kudos

Thanks Mithun for the response. Link shared by you is for Standard Query Area but I used Global Query Area. However, I managed to add the User Group in one of the Transports and moved to PRD, but I am unable to move Infosets (in SQ02) and Query (SQ01) to PRD system.

Any Help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is an option along with the activity which you have performed, to transport with USER Group. Go to again SQ03 and transport again with your query.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can export your query and infoset from DEV and IMPORT it into PRD.

0 Kudos

I have tried Export and then import...but still Infoset and Query not coming in PRD.

0 Kudos

1. While saving User Group in SQ03, save it in correct Package (not as Local Object) and a Transport Request will be created.

2. Create Infoset in SQ02 and save it in same Transport which was created in Step 1 above.

3. Create Query in SQ01 and again it in same Transport which was created in Step 1 above.

Release this Transport Request and move to PRD.

Hope it will help you.

0 Kudos

Solved.

0 Kudos

While Creating user Group In SQ03 save it in a Z Package. Assign that user Group To your current User Group Assignment.

SQ02 Create a infoset and in field Assign The Fields and Save in the same Package and Request Number , Which You have used in SQ03. then Generate Your Infoset. Role/User Group assignment Find ur user Group assign and save.

SQ01 give ur Query name crerate and Save with Description. Then Release This request to From DEV To PROD. It will work.