Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transported but unable to see my new changes

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

HI All,

I have an abap program that i added 2 new fields to the seleciton screen. I transported from DEV to QAS and it is fine.

However the transport from QAS to PRD went thru with RC =0 BUT i cannot see the 2 new fields in the selection screen.

When i try to debug the codes for my change, somehow the program does not stop there.

Would anyone know what is wrong ?

thanks

Joyce

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rainer_hbenthal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the transport log.

20 REPLIES 20

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Using version management in SE38 make a remote comparison of your active version from DEV to PRD of your report source code.

0 Kudos

Hi a®s,

I had a remote comparison done even after the issue appear. Still did not resolve the issue.

THanks

Joyce

Former Member
0 Kudos

If its transported successfully, try to activate directly in the destination system once and see.

Sometimes ur changes wouldn't adjust properly or not transported properly..though it gives no RC.

Thanks

Kiran

0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I had activated the program in PRD and still did not work.

thanks

Joyce

0 Kudos

are you able to see your code in PRD?

If so, are you using different languages in DEV and PRD?

0 Kudos

Hi Micky,

I can see my code in PRD. It is in the same language.

Thanks

Joyce

former_member156446
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Look in the version management and make sure your new Tr is the active version running.

0 Kudos

Hi J@Y,

Thanks for your suggestion. Still the same.

Joyce

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If all the above method failed, try this:

Re-transport again and add in the following line into the Transport Request child.

Short Description: Program

Program ID : R3TR

Object Type : PROG

Object Name : <Program Name>

This way it'll re-transport the entire program instead of codes only and you'll get to see the selection option again.

I encountered this before and it's a rare encounter.

0 Kudos

Hi Derek,

I like to give your suggestion a try. I added the line in.

There are other lines with Program ID: LIMU, Ob Type: REPS.....and the Lock/IMport Status is 'Object Locked'.

Did you have this Lock status before ?

NOTE: I just found out that other program also has 'Object Locked' status. So this should be fine.

I would transport tonight and let you know tomorrow the result.

Thanks

Joyce

Edited by: Joyce Chan on Aug 6, 2009 3:02 PM

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure if this was covered already:

Are the code changes representing the new selection screen fields visible in PRD? (PARAMETERS or SELECT-OPTIONS statements). If yes, try to "generate" the program in PRD from within SE38 (not "activate").

Thomas

0 Kudos

HI Thomas,

I generated the program and it worked ! The parameter fields appear on the selection screen.

What is the different between activating and generating the program ?

I did activate the program and its sub-routine (form) but did not work till now.

THank you and appreciate it.

Joyce

0 Kudos

In my own words, lacking a better definition:

Activate = creating an active version (ready to run) of a development object (e.g. program), as opposed to inactive or previous versions of the the same object

Generate = automatically rebuilding dependent objects (e.g. selection screen)

Thomas

0 Kudos

HI Thomas,

Thank you for the explaination.

Thanks to everyone who provided suggestions and help.

Joyce

rainer_hbenthal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the transport log.

0 Kudos

Hi Rainer,

The log is fine. Thanks.

Joyce

0 Kudos

If the log is fine and the rc is zero then the changes are there. You might be fooled by something else. You're really looking into the same system as the changes are trasnported?

0 Kudos

HI Rainer,

THe system really fooled me this time. Thomas's suggestion worked for me.

thanks

Joyce

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem and it was driving me nuts. We are doing a major conversion and I updated 2 programs adding new selection fields to each one. The Promote went up from DEV to and Integration test box and a Parallel testing box. The parallel box variants are fine, the Integration one was missing along with messing up some of the texts on the screen. After reading this thread, I followed the advice given and generated both programs and low and behold ... my fields are there.

Good job with the advice.

John

0 Kudos

Hi John,

Thanks for letting me know that my thread can help you in getting the resolution.

I agreed that respondents provided good advice.

Joyce