Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport table entries for 'no, or user, recording routine'

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a table which, in the Table Maintenance Generator, is set to 'no, or user, recording routine'.

When I create entries for this table of course no transport is created. How can I transport then entries from this table when this doesn't allow it in SM30, and also in SE16 the 'transport', option is greyed out.

I tried in dev system to create a workbench request for R3TR TABU and then included all table entries. The problem is that this went to Q and has deleted some entries that were there in this table. In othere words, in Q the table had 900 entries, in Dev we have 500, after the transport we now have only 500 in Q. How can I create a transport for this table content just to send the 500 changed records and not delete existing records?

Second question is what is the reason for creating a table with 'no, or user, recording routine' instead of 'Standard recording routine'?

Any help appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member

Hi Glen,

The option of 'no or user recording routine' is used for a config-like table whose contents are expected to difer across the system landscape, and so need to be maintained directly in each system.  You get the advantage of a generated table maintenance screen without being tied into the transport landscape.

An example may be any table that contains system IDs or hostnames, or config data that is updated regularly like exchange rates.

As to why you transport deleted entries in Q, did you list the specific keys in your transport or use a wild card?  It sounds like the transport items you listed was larger than those that existed already in D and so some were added as deletions.  This should be possible to avoid if you're specific on the key entries.

Regards,

Nick

4 REPLIES 4

former_member223133
Active Participant

Hi Glen,

In othere words, in Q the table had 900 entries, in Dev we have 500, after the transport we now have only 500 in Q.

Since you have created workbench request and tried to transport, it has overwritten the entries in Q.

Second question is what is the reason for creating a table with 'no, or user, recording routine' instead of 'Standard recording routine'?

Generally, table maintenance will be created with 2 options.

• If you want to transport the entries to other systems -->  Standard recording routine.
  • If you just want to create entries --> no, or user, recording routine

How can I create a transport for this table content just to send the 500 changed records and not delete existing records?

The solutions for this are (EITHER)

• Manually add entries in Q

(OR)

• Create a transaction code for this table,
  • Download the entries from DEV
  • Upload the entries using LSMW

Regards

Gangadhar

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think I know what I did wrong! When adding the entries to the task I should have specified 'Table contents specified by request', instead I used 'Entire table'.

0 Kudos

Hi Glen, can you share on how you do the transport from dev to quality with table no or user recording routine?

Former Member

Hi Glen,

The option of 'no or user recording routine' is used for a config-like table whose contents are expected to difer across the system landscape, and so need to be maintained directly in each system.  You get the advantage of a generated table maintenance screen without being tied into the transport landscape.

An example may be any table that contains system IDs or hostnames, or config data that is updated regularly like exchange rates.

As to why you transport deleted entries in Q, did you list the specific keys in your transport or use a wild card?  It sounds like the transport items you listed was larger than those that existed already in D and so some were added as deletions.  This should be possible to avoid if you're specific on the key entries.

Regards,

Nick