Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transport is not going through as it should

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per SAP’s service Note 1096366 to fix a problem with the program LCLCMFMZ, I obtained an object key and made the necessary changes to the SAP original program. The program is an “Include” type program and is in the package named “CL”. Items in this package are only editable in Local requests and not Workbench requests and therefore can not be transported using normal transportation procedures. Changing the target system of the transport to GR_DEV results in an error. The error is as follows:

Object messages: LIMU REPS LCLCMFMZ

Only edit objects from package CL in local requests

The help text for this error message is as follows:

If you want to transport objects in package CL into the target /GR_DEV/ once only, without changing the configuration of the transport routes, then create a transport of copies in the extended view of the Transport Organizer (Transaction SE01). Go to the request overview and choose Request/task -> Object list -> Include objects to include your objects in this transport of copies.

Following this procedure, allows the request to be transported, however the changes to the program LCLCMFMZ are not reflected in the QAS or PRD systems. The transport goes through without error, but the changes do not get transported into the other systems.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Actually you created a CTS with LIMU REPS ObjectName, But it only carries the Program Source.

If you want to transport the ABAP program, try the below.

LIMU REPO ObjectName

Regards,

Kishore.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Actually you created a CTS with LIMU REPS ObjectName, But it only carries the Program Source.

If you want to transport the ABAP program, try the below.

LIMU REPO ObjectName

Regards,

Kishore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I'd like to try that, but I can't delete, or change the current request. It shows that it has locked objects (which is the program itself) and I can't unlock it.

How do I change REPS to REPO?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to remove a program from the request lock go to object directory entry and change the package to $TMP

santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, but it would not let me change the system target. I had to go to SE03 and choose Unlock Objects to get it unlocked, then I was able to delete it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I now see that deleting the request wasn't what I wanted to do because when I created a new one, It was still transporting REPS by default, so I had to go back to se03, unlock it again and this time I could change the object list from REPS to REPO, but I still had to follow the procedure of creating a transport of copies and include it there and then transport that.

Thanks for your help. It worked!