Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transport function group and function module in seperate requests?

former_member625844
Participant

Hello, I'm still not very clear about request transport mechanism.I have a transport request for an in-developing function module zfm01.In another request I have a table type zt01 for this function module. Now I created another function module zfm02 in same function group of zfm01, it is automatically included in the same request .If I want to transport zfm02 I have to release zfm01 and zt01 also. Is there a way to put zfm02 in another request? I tried create another task but it's still in the same request. Thx.

1 REPLY 1

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

A function group is one program. From transport perspective, function modules should be considered like procedures of this program.

If you are developing both function modules at the same time, they should be in the same transport request.

If you want to really develop zfm02 separately, you should release the transport request of the function group/zfm01/zt01. Don't forget to transport the requests in sequence.