Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Translations for screen fields not getting locked in transport

former_member188001
Active Participant
0 Kudos

All,

I have a field on screen that is pulled from table . But the label for that is not taken from DDIC, instead there is a different text for that label.

I translated it into multiple languages.

Then executed program "RS_LXE_LOG_EXPORT" with following parameters. After executing, i got a message...nothing to capture.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

I amn't sure about the above program, but you can maintain translation via [Goto=>Translation] in the program itself.

Be sure to include the program in the request before maintaining the translation.

0 Kudos

That is already done. But when i check the transport for translations, it does not show anything locked

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is your version, did you navigate from SE63 or SLXT?

0 Kudos

Used the t-code SLXT

0 Kudos

Did you translate the data element AND dynpro?

NB: If the dynpro is not 'technically' translated (don't bother to translate every field with ddic flag set but at least translate one field) in some case the system wont even be aware of the ddic flag and will use some values initially generated.

0 Kudos

I am not sure what you tried to explain. But i believe you are saying that, translate atleast one DDIC data element label. In my dynpro, i did not use the data element label but instead use my own custom text. This label is not refering to data dictionary. This is not getting captured in transport.

former_member188001
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The issue was resolved using SLXT.