Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

translation of the Field label that is passe in the field catalog on ALV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiii

i there a way to make ALV column field label in different language

let say i have 3 radio button language english , french , and dutch

depending on the radio button selected i want my alv column fields to be display in that language.

note i am using field catalog merge and alv list.

i know that can be done by forcing value in the fieldcat-fieldname

something like that

IF english

fieldcat-fieldname = English

If frence

fieldcat-fieldname = french

if dutch

fieldcat-fieldname = dutch

but suppose i have 50 field then i must do that with all 50 field for each language

i there some more easier way like setting sy-langu or setting language in the fieldcat

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi newbie82 c,

the easiest way is to use the SAP logon language and have all texts in program defines as text fields. The text fields are translated once and fetched always correct according to logon language.

If you want to switch languages by radiobutton, you may define one create_fieldcat routine for each language.

Regards,

Clemens

2 REPLIES 2

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi newbie82 c,

the easiest way is to use the SAP logon language and have all texts in program defines as text fields. The text fields are translated once and fetched always correct according to logon language.

If you want to switch languages by radiobutton, you may define one create_fieldcat routine for each language.

Regards,

Clemens

Former Member
0 Kudos

normally user will be connecting in english language.

COuld anyone pleaze give example