Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Translation of table column in custom transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I created my custom transaction by copying the standard one. The transaction view contains two tables or table views if you prefer.

Now I would like to translate one column of each table and I don't know where should I actually do this.

So far I found the program name, which is triggered after launching this transaction and I found texts in SE63 which might be translated.

The problem is I found there only some labels, buttons, titles texts but I couldn't find columns of those mentioned tables.

I would appreciate any help.
Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In a table maintenance dialog (SM30), the column headings are defined primarily in the dynpros and refer to the ABAP dictionary texts. Enter texts directly in the dynpro (in the table control fields).

By the way, I'm a little bit perplex : why did you copy the standard transaction code? What do you want to achieve?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The reason why I copied standard transaction was that I wanted to prepare my own custom transaction with custom functionality. I copied standard one because It was easier to modify existing code than create one from scratch.

Returning to the topic... I've found the table colum which should be translated. It's inside Z-table, but the column is of type MAKTX. Now, how should I prepare translation for this standard field? Should I create my custom Z-data dype (a copy of standard one)?

0 Kudos

Yes, exactly.