Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Translalations Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have one ALV Report. The output contains Chinese text.

While downloading output of ALV into Excel sheet, the problem is appearing.

The problem is when I opened the spread sheet, the Chinese text was not same as it was in out put. Some unreadable text (not alphabets but zigzag text ) is coming. How to solve this problem.

Shall I need to write coding in program to down load from output of ALV report properly ( before filling that text into into internal table....?

Actually from function module that text is coming and sitting in internal table)?

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAm,

There is no need to write code to download from ALV to Excel sheet.

Just check Ur Microsoft excel have the font of Chinese.

If useful reward.

Vasanth

0 Kudos

I tried code page. not able to solve. actually down loading the same as text file is working fine(showing chinese text as it was ).

My client needs the text should down load in excel and should appear chinese at it was in the output of ALV program.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

I think you didnt have any problem with your code or with download of data into excel sheet BUT <b>check once whethrer your excel sheet is accepting chinese text.</b>

If you didnt find any chiense text on your excel sheet then just install chiense fonts into your system.

I hope this may solve your problem.

Thanks,

Vinay

0 Kudos

Chiense text I have copied and pasted on the same excel sheet ...it is pasting well.

coming to install chiense fonts into your system, ih ave changed language settings in Control panel.

Even our client is chinese who do not need to set their settings. They are facing this problem.