Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer class and characteristics data from 3.1i system to ECC 6.0 system

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to develop a program to transfer all the classes and characteristics( tcode cl01 and ct04) in a 3.1i system to an ECC 6.0 system.

I initially planned to use FMs BAPI_CLASS_GETDETAIL to read from 3.1i and BAPI_CLASS_CREATE to load in ECC 6.0.

But then I realized that BAPI_CLASS_GETDETAIL does not exist in 3.1i system.

Could anyone please tell me how to transfer the class and characteristics data from 3.1i to ECC 6.0. What approach and FMs are to be used.

Thanks,

Karthik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Have you checked this.

Regards,

madhu.

8 REPLIES 8

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi karthik,

If you want to move the class and characteristics form one client to other check with ale setup and move it.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use program RCCLBI03 to create the classifications and characteristics in the new system. First you will have to create the input files in the old system and transfer them to the new one.

The program is documented.

Rob

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Have you checked this.

Regards,

madhu.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Madhu.

We are trying the ALE way, using BD91 and BD92. This way seems to be easier as there is no need to extract data to files.

IDoc is successfuly sent from the 3.1i system but we are not able to see it in ECC 6.0 system.

We are checking up the settings.

Would be very useful if you can provide some more details about the settings to be done.

Thanks,

Karthik

0 Kudos

Hi Karthik

Congrats. Can you check the idoc status in bd87 in receiver client. Please check and post .

Regards,

Madhu.

0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Is it working.

Regards,

Madhu.

0 Kudos

Worked !

There was a problem in RFC connection. Now the characteristics and classes are getting transferred succefully.

Thanks Madhu.

0 Kudos

HI Karthik,

Good.

Regards,

Madhu.