Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Transaction to PRIV session reset after timeout'

former_member217544
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have developed a report in CRM and used a RFC call to ECC in the same program. Output for the program is successfully displayed in ALV format. However after 10 min or so the session is being ended with message 'Transaction to PRIV reset after session timeout'. i tried using TH_REDISPATCH and SAPGUI_PROGRESS_INDICATOR.. but to no use. Any suggestions are really helpful.

Regards,

Swarna

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarna,

Did you find the solution of it. I am getting the same issue. One of my job is getting canceled and shows the message 'Transaction to PRIV session reset after timeout' .

The same job is running successfully in Dev system , but it's failing in Quality system.

Please help on the issue.

Thanks

Satya

14 REPLIES 14

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

your error occurs after you do something in the screen ?  asked for new fields ... for details ... ?   maybe you have to close the RFC connexion and reopen it at each event of your program .. 

regards

Fred

0 Kudos

Hi Fred,

Thanks for your immediate response. My ALV is not an interactive grid, so no actions takes place. However, the timeout error is coming within few min after generating the output. let me try by closing rfc connection.

Regards,

Swarna

0 Kudos

if you just call an RFC, maybe look the oss note give by Bala ...

or maybe this one : Note 1261669 - RFC connections are not closed

to close a RFC : RFC_CONNECTION_CLOSE

Fred

0 Kudos

Hi Fred,

Yeah, I tried with RFC close FM.. but it is still not helpful..

If i understand this note applies for the system from where I opened the rfc connection. If that is the case my basis version is above the one mentioned in Note. (though my ECC system has different basis version)

Regards,

Swarna

0 Kudos

Maybe start to check if in the ECC trans. SM04 the connection is still open

0 Kudos

Hi Fred,

No it is not open. Except the SM04 session that I opened, it is not showing any other sessions.

Regards,

Swarna

0 Kudos

little bit strange,

did you check the SM21 in the CRM ?

former_member585060
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check once this SAP Note suits that issues.

1653281   SAP NWBC 3.0 ABAP Runtime Patch 20

0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

If i understand this note applies for the system from where I opened the rfc connection. If that is the case my basis version is above the one mentioned in Note.

Regards,
Swarna

0 Kudos

Which version of the Basis you are in? If it is SAP_BASIS 730, just check which supportpackage you are in, it should not be below SAPKB73008.

Thanks & Regards

Bala Krishna

0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

My CRM Basis version is 731- support package SAPKB73103

Regards,

Swarna

0 Kudos

Can you check in ECC as well, just check any Dump is occuring there as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarna,

Did you find the solution of it. I am getting the same issue. One of my job is getting canceled and shows the message 'Transaction to PRIV session reset after timeout' .

The same job is running successfully in Dev system , but it's failing in Quality system.

Please help on the issue.

Thanks

Satya

0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

I think so. I didnt get this issue anymore. I have used crm_order_read to get required details of orders. However as I was using it for range of Orders, it is taking long time to get the details from this FM. I have removed this and used database tables to get the requried details. This has improved performance and time too.

In your case also, I suggest you to check which is taking long time to retrieve records and try to improvize those statements. In quality system there may be more records the reason why you are getting only in Quality system.

Regards,

Swarna