Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toggle Display / Edit mode for custom sub-screen in CJ20N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Hope you are all doing great. I searched over and over again but couldn't find a thread for the following. Please let me know if you know the solution.

I have added a custom sub-screen (with tab-strip) in CJ20N using CNEX0007. Everything is working fine except that I just realized that when users toggle between Edit / Display mode, the sub-screen doesn't toggle. It always stays in the Edit mode. I thought there might be a system filed which might tell the status of the main screen but I couldn't find any. I am looking for a trigger that tells me the status of the main screen so that I can do my PBO accordingly.

Overall, how do I toggle subscreen in edit/display mode along with the main screen?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by: brd drb on Jan 4, 2008 10:46 AM

Fixed typos. added exit name.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess you could loop at the main screen and if all attributes are display only , then you know you are in edit mode. You could use an implicit enhancement to do this if you are on ECC 6.0.

0 Kudos

I will try that. I figured I could look at one of the other screens. But I am not sure how to. I will have to dig a little deeper to see if I can grab a parent screen and check on one of the fields. The exit lists that the screen 700 is called from screen 0215.

0 Kudos

I think in the subscreen, use the chain and end chain and within that declare the module and in the module write the logic loop at screen and modify the screen.

Hope it works.

Thanks,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks both of you.. I found an answer.

I am an idiot.. didn't check the import parameters for the function exit earlier. It does have a field which tells if the main screen is in Display only mode or not. Below is more info for someone like me in future

Exit: CNEX0007.

FM: EXIT_SAPLCJWB_004.

Import Parameter : SAP_DISPLAY_ONLY. This will be X if CJ20N is in the Display mode. It will be blank otherwise.

I should have thunk that I am not the first person implementing an exit.... SAP has most, if not all, bases covered.. just have to look a little hard though (sometimes very hard..) For god's sake, even the parameter name is "SAP_DISPLAY_ONLY"

0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you send me the code.

Where i need to place this one in PAI or PBO?