Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To copy from one smartforms to another SF? Request no issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

I have four smartforms for billing type which are completely same layout..

However any major changes done in one smartform... What i did?  for second smart-form for changes copy from first one...

Deleted second smartform... again copy from first one with same exited in transport request se09..it accepts with same name

Note: do we have any problem to copy from another?

Thanks

Neha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member230486
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its not a problem if you copy the form with the same name which you deleted, again it won't create a new request with the same name as you deleted.

9 REPLIES 9

rosenberg_eitan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Something that I do not understand.

If the copies are completely the same is there any reason not to use the same form.

Are you doing copy and modify ?

Regards. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

copying from one smartform to another wasn't a big matter here..

you can even download any specific pages of smartform into xml file and you can even upload it to another Smartform..

the option for doing it is in menu bar itself, -->download form / download subform.

this is the method usually i follow if i wann to reuse means..

hope this helps,

thanks,

Mathan R.

former_member230486
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its not a problem if you copy the form with the same name which you deleted, again it won't create a new request with the same name as you deleted.

0 Kudos

Hi C H,

you are right...Will it reside the same request no?

Thanks

Shree

0 Kudos

Hi,

This post is already done by someone...I just want answer. i have also faced situation..

thanks

shree

0 Kudos

Yes, exactly.It resides the same request number.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As the first transport request is not yet released, when you re-create the SF by copy, the system detects that the object (repository object, R3TR SSFO name) is already locked since the deletion of the SF previous version in an open task of your transport request , so it wont ask for a new request, it should also keep same package.

Regards,
Raymond

0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

You are also right with perfect but Mr C.H first posted...

thanks

Shree

0 Kudos