Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

time needed for database to commit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using 'BAPI_PROCORD_COMPLETE_TECH', i want to know how much time does it take for the database to commit the work so I can declare is in wait up to...

Example:

CALL FUNCTION 'BAPI_PROCORD_COMPLETE_TECH'

IMPORTING

return = i_messages

TABLES

orders = i_orders.

CALL FUNCTION 'BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT'

EXPORTING

wait = c_x

IMPORTING

return = i_messages3.

WAIT UP TO 30 SECONDS.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can remove the and wait command.

As long as you're using a SAP standard FM to process database there usually is a commit command that could already be found inside the FM it self. Plus the wait command will do the wait for you.

As for the time as soon as the command of the FM is called yuo can check the value in the database. Your update should already be available provided that your data values are correct.

2 REPLIES 2

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Mark,

you don't need this WAIT UP ...

you declared in the Fm call: wait = c_x (I guess c_x means 'X'), this means SAP will wait until the COMMIT is done. You don't have to do anything.

hope this helps

ec

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can remove the and wait command.

As long as you're using a SAP standard FM to process database there usually is a commit command that could already be found inside the FM it self. Plus the wait command will do the wait for you.

As for the time as soon as the command of the FM is called yuo can check the value in the database. Your update should already be available provided that your data values are correct.