Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The new Enhancement Framework. (Exit or Modification?)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When creating a new explict enhancement implemention or a new implicit enhancement it is considered ?

a) A modification (i.e: repair to SAP code) or

b) an exit (similar to user exit) not impacted by upgrade etc, and not considered a modification.

When replacing an explicit enhancement implementation of SAP's, is this considered a ....

a) A modification (i.e: repair to SAP code) or

b) an exit (similar to user exit) not impacted by upgrade etc, and not considered a modification.

thx. J

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Both are modifications. if you create an enhancement option you will be an option provider. if you develop an implementation for already provided enhancement , you will be developer. normally we are developers. SAP ag s are option providers. If you explicitly create an enhancement option you should call that in standard right, for that you need to modify standard code..so modification.

IMPLEMENTING badi or customer exits is not MODIFICATION.

CREATING badi or customer exit(never happens!) might be modification(if you provide the option in standard report).

Hope i mislead you.

regards,

David Dk

0 Kudos

I agree that the explicits are considered mods. I have actually verified that with SAP. But I am not sure about the implicits. I received this response on another forum

When creating a new explict enhancement implemention or a new implicit enhancement - this is not considered an SAP modification at all. Instead SAP has given some hook points that we call enhancement points where we can insert our piece of code. SAP takes care of this during upgrade also and ensures that the enhancements are not deleted. However the implicit enhancements are not at all stable and hence may get deleted during SAP upgrade.

When replacing an explicit enhancement implementation of SAP's - This is very much considered an SAP modification and you must never replace the code provided by SAP.