Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text elemnets are translated AUTOMATICALLY, right?

former_member202077
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hv a Z function module, this will be called in the process of printing of a smartform.

We r in the upgrade process.

We hv clinet with name client_US, where in making changes are allowed and there by transport creation.

We hv another client with name client_China, where in making changes are NOT allowed and there by NO transport creation.

This Z function module hv some text elemt, say DEBIT MEMO, like below,

All r in ECC 6.00 Unicode enabled

Cliet-----Log-in languageValue--

expectation

client_US--English

Debit Memo--Good

client_US--Chinese

%$%^#--

bad

I re-activated the text elemnts and Z FM.

So, why am getting junk value?

the text elemnts shuld AUTOMATICALLY translated, right?

Shuld I maintain it in chinese my self explicitly in clinet_US by logging in chinese and there by creating a transport?

Any alternatives to fix this?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member156446
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you need to handle translation manualy..

se37 > z<fm>

goto >text elements > goto > translation

have the original language and target language...and maintain the chinese texts...

2 REPLIES 2

former_member156446
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you need to handle translation manualy..

se37 > z<fm>

goto >text elements > goto > translation

have the original language and target language...and maintain the chinese texts...

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is correct, even my undertanding was that it should convert into logon lang automatically but I had similar kind of issues earlier, to overcome this I translate the text elements to the desired lang using transaltion option, try to translate and check.

Thanks