Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text elements changed in production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

The selection text in text elements are fine in development and quality system but in production it show technichal names what might be the reason it is showing technical names.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member217316
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Shilpa

It seems the report texts have not been transfered from the dev/quality server to the production server.

Check under the transport request whether an entry exists as REPT (Program Name).

Hope this helps.

Harsh

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shilpa,

Check if the selection texts i.e the Report texts are prsent in the transport request or not

former_member217316
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Shilpa

It seems the report texts have not been transfered from the dev/quality server to the production server.

Check under the transport request whether an entry exists as REPT (Program Name).

Hope this helps.

Harsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa,

The message class in which you have saved should first of all be saved in the same transport request number in which you saved your report and should be transported.

Note: You should save text elements in the same request in which you saved your report.

Regards,

SuryaD.

Edited by: SuryaD on Feb 4, 2010 1:25 PM

former_member206377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer this thread , it might be helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your selection text has not gone to production that is the reason it is showing the technical name, to overcome this problem

Just open your report in SE38 , click on the 'Goto' menu ---> Text element ---> Selection Text , just modify slightly it so that it will create a new transport request in development ., Activate it.

Release the request from developmet . then transport the same request to Quality and production,

Your problem will get sorted out

Rani

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I created selection texts the system had not asked for any request. I am new and I dont know that even selection texts will save in some request.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to your Program

Go to the Selection Texts

Make some slight change

click on save

It will ask you for the new trnasport reuqst

Now go t o SE09

click on this transport request

Your selection texts will be there with the type as REPT

Now release this transport request to PRD

0 Kudos

Shilpa,

It happens some times.Now you just make a small change in the Report Texts in Development,save it in a request and tranport it to Quality and Production.

You can even manually tag the report texts to a transport request as below

Select your request in SE09

Double click on the request

Click on CHANGE (Ctrl+F1)

Click on the OBJECTS TAB

In the table Control that you are seeing,in

PROG ID give it as LIMU

OBJECT TYPE give it as REPT

OBJECT NAME give the program name

Save

K.Kiran

Former Member