Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Data Generator ABAP dynamic test

mahmood_hammood
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everyone, I want to program a test data generator in ABAP, you can see the task in this photo. Maybe someone can suggest for me a video or blog or maybe has a code, which can I follow and learn from it. I am still new in ABAP. Again, everything must be programmed in ABAP. You can open and see the link in photo here:

Example of test data generator

Thanks for you help.

Mahmood

6 REPLIES 6

Ulrich_Schmidt
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

As you are new in ABAP here a tip: the tag "ABAP Connectivity" is not for ABAP programming, it is for connecting ABAP systems to the non-ABAP world (using communication protocols like RFC and HTTP). So the programming in that area is mainly done in C/C++, Java or C#. (Which is not what you want... 🙂 )

I'm removing the tag.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

What did you try?

Where are you stuck?

mahmood_hammood
Participant
0 Kudos

I try to make test data generator for sone tables to insert new data in the tables and to be able to see the content from these tables, as I explained in the photo. I am beginner and I have never written a program in ABAP, this is a task and I need a video, blog or code, which I can follow or repeat it to learn it. Repeat is no problem.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

You know that you can't do ABAP if you're not trained to the minimum programming knowledge and minimum ABAP knowledge.

I hope that you are fluent in at least one other programming language.

You can't get a video corresponding to your exact question.

The best you could obtain are links to ABAP material for newbies.

This question has been asked many times in the forum.

mahmood_hammood
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, you have right Sandra. I have a problem, I want to use SE16N_INTERFACE FM in this task, but I get message, that this FM does not exist in my system. Can you please provide me the code if you have it?

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SE16N_INTERFACE is specific to SAP ERP software (R/3, ECC, S/4HANA).

Maybe CL_SALV_TABLE is what you need (hundreds of questions in the forum + many demo programs in your system).