Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table maintenance with language key

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All...

I have to create a table for master data with language key...

The table should be delivery class type W - (System table, contents transportable via separate TR objects)

and with Display (maintenance allowed)

I have create the following:

Table 1 - (master data)

MANDT - type mandt

ZCODE -(20) type c

ZOTHERFIELD (40) typec

Table 2 (language keys)

MANDT - type MANDT

ZCODE - (20) type c.

SPRAS - type SPRAS

ZDESCRIP -(60) type c

For maintenance I have created a VIEW joining two tables, but maintenance not allowed for the view.

I have tried removing MANDT from tables for make them mandant- independet, but DIALOG for maintenance for both at the same time using views doesnt work...

QUESTION: How to create one standard maintenance dialog using master data and its language texts, using sy-langu as default ?

thanks in advance,

Ibrahim Andres.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is better to create this way...Create first table & then from SE11 goto TEXT table from menu & create it where u can include SPRAS as additional field...Now do a table maintenance for the first table and from SM30 u can view this table which will also show language key as the field.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is better to create this way...Create first table & then from SE11 goto TEXT table from menu & create it where u can include SPRAS as additional field...Now do a table maintenance for the first table and from SM30 u can view this table which will also show language key as the field.

0 Kudos

Thank yoy very much, Now it works !

michael-john_turner
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you create the view as a maintenance view and then create a viewcluster for the maintenance view (SE54), you should be able to do what you want.

For a good example of creating a viewcluster, take a look at APPL_LOG in SE54 - it's maintained using transaction SLG0.

MJ