Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table maintenance inserted records @ translation possibility

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a table maintenance generator for a Z table and created a transactionfor it.

My requirement is that, for inserted records from transaction, should allow to include the translation possibility. I have check Table maintenance transaction screen from menu, translation button is in inactive (Gray colour).

How to solve this? Kindly Suggest.

Thanks in advance....

Thanks & Regards,

Shaik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For translation to be available, there must be separate text table linked to your main table via a special foreign key of type "text".

Please look for additional information on "text tables" and "foreign keys".

Thomas

2 REPLIES 2

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For translation to be available, there must be separate text table linked to your main table via a special foreign key of type "text".

Please look for additional information on "text tables" and "foreign keys".

Thomas

former_member266380
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Translations are posible only when you have a Text table related to the main table. First step is to create a text table which is related to the main table with foreign key relation and then creating a view cluster above both of these tables showing the main table entry as parent and the translatable column as a child. By doing this you can maintain multiple language texts for each of the key in the main table using this view cluster. This is one of the solutions to your problem.