Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table Maintenance Generator with field length 1000 char

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GURUs,

I've to develop a custom database table which customer will directly use in SM30 to store data. One of the field has length 1000 char. So I'm unable to open Table Maintenance Generator as character field more than 255 is not allowed in TMG. Can anyonr please suggest how to deal with the problem?

Please note that splitting the field into multiple smaller fields isn't feasible as custmer will directly input data in TMG. I've tried using string of length 1000 but it doesn't work.

Thanks,

Sarif

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member

0 Kudos

Hi Karun,

I already checked those links but unfortunately splitting the field into multiple smaller fields isn't feasible for our requirements. Isn't there any other solution?

Thanks,

Sarif

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answer marked as correct removed as it was copied from https://scn.sap.com/thread/1231025

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your reply. I have divided the field into multiple smaller fields. And in my program I'm concatenating them to get the original string. But I want to display this string in a ALV report. ALV allows maximum 1024 characters in one row and in my case the row length is more that that. How to handle this?

Thanks,

Sarif

0 Kudos

Hi Sarif,

I hope in ALV, it is allowed maximum 128 characters per cell, if you are looking for more than that, you can use the word wrap functionality using FM RKD_WORD_WRAP.

Please find the link below.

Note:

Here we will show the remaining additional values in the separate row not in the same row.

Regards

Rajkumar Narasimman

Message was edited by: Rajkumar N

0 Kudos

Hi Sarif,

If you wish to print or if you are creaating a print preview you can view the whole statement in the print preview, but in ALV, the maximum length of the field is '128'.

Or else you can use RKD_WORD_WRAP, which will give you the whole text in different columns than in one column.

Good Day, Thanks!!

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for the help. Problem resolved.

Thanks,

Sarif