Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table Maintenance Generator - Need selected rows

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to customize a Table maintenance generator for a Z table. I want to do some operation on selected rows when user presses a custom button (Added using PF Status ).

I am facing issue in identifying the selected rows in my custom include module (User command). I get tables like extract & total , but none of them identifies selected entries.

Please help.

Regards,

Rohit

5 REPLIES 5

roberto_vacca2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

You should loop in your extract table and check field VIM_MARKED.

Your table control (generated by view maintenance) has this field to keep trace of row selection.

Check this image, last field.

Hope to help.

Bye

0 Kudos

Hi,

The internal table extract has only one field LINE which has the entire data ( custom table + VIMTBFLAGS ) . So I cannot loop over extract where vim_marked = 'X'.

Mark (CHAR 1) being the last field of VIMTBFLAGS and therefore last character in extract.

Then may be by extracting the last character extract+<Length-1>(1) ... I can get the marked field value i.e. M.

I am looking for some better way of doing this.

Regards,

Rohit

0 Kudos

Read the documentation links I provided, create a type with the correct structure, define a field-symbols with this type and use an ASSIGN statement with CASTING option.

Regards,

Raymond

sabirshah1
Participant
0 Kudos

There might be marked field available in some table if its value is 'X' ,it identifies the row is selected

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Records of both internal tables contains the table or view fields, text table fields if required  and fields of structure VIMTBFLAGS, so field VIM_MARK aka <marked> in the event forms.

Hint: Google online help to find documents like Internal Table TOTAL or Internal Table EXTRACT

Regards,

Raymond