Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

table maintenance and report, transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

here i m explaining the scenario.

i have two tables zfm_handy and zfmkstel

fields in zfm_handy are TELNUM(mobileno), KARTNR, ZUTART,PERNR,ZDATE,PINNR,PUKNR, TARIF1,TARIF2,TARIF3, GTYPE, IMEI, TWINCARD, TWINBILL, EINBAU, BESCHR, TEXT1,TEXT2, TEXT3

Key fields r TELNUM and KARTNR.

fields in the table zfmkstel is KOSTEL1(costcenter)

key field is TELNUM.

My requirement is write a program and on executing a program the user should be in position to type in the TELNUM press ENTER he should see the all the connected fields to that TELNUM from tables zfm_handy and zfmkstel.

suppose when the user give a TELNUM which has two records in the table,at that time please give a message like this: 'TELNUM has more than one entry. Please enter KARTNR number also to be selected the desired record'.and then when the field KARTNR number is filled on the screen for search,please search both the keys else with just the TELNUM.

need two buttons NEW nd SAVE

the function of NEW button isto clear ll the entries existing on the screen and keep the screen ready for a completely new TELNUM.

the function SAVE is to insert the changes to a existing record or a new record to its respective table.

the usage of this is rather than tablemaintenance the user must enter and changes fot these two tables in one screen.

plz help me and how to write this coding.If u write or give any idea i appreciate u r help.

thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

It will be very easy if you use the Foreign key relationship concept between two tables.

I will update you with more details once I get time

DARSHAN

0 Kudos

hi darshan,

thanks for u reply

if u have time plz do it and sent to me.

once agin thanks for u r reply

0 Kudos

hi all,

plz help me its very urgent for me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Mention the check table for second table's TELNUM as the first table name. It will automatically link the primary key of that table.

This should work. If it does not, then create a search help and assign that using the MATCHCODE stmt in your parameter or select-options.

While creating the search help, mention the first table name in the 'selection method' and display all the fields which you want inthe 'search help parameter' column and the position in which you want to display.

Regards

Subramanian