Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table Maintaince

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

Actually i create a ztable and then assigned it to a transaction, i now want to keep a track of all records that has been changed.

I have also done the events steps in table maintenance genarator.i created two extra fields in my ztable like zchanged by and zchanged date.

But my problem is that im not able to get what value had been changed?

By using table CDHDR... i enter my tcode,udate,utime,uname...

but i get this message.....no table enteries found for the specified key.

Please help.

thanx in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please confirm Check box Log Data changes are checked in Technical setting of the table.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please confirm Check box Log Data changes are checked in Technical setting of the table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use FM

CHANGEDOCUMENT_READ_HEADERS

CHANGEDOCUMENT_READ_POSITIONS

<b><REMOVED BY MODERATOR></b>

Message was edited by:

Alvaro Tejada Galindo

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can setup change document (SCDO) for any changes to your ztable.

Please check this online help on how to setup and use change document.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2a/fa015b493111d182b70000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

former_member589029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you activate the log data changes in technical settings you can see the logs by using transaction SCU3 but if you have a lot of data changes the log tables will get quite big and it also has an effect on performance because every table change will create a log entry as well.

Since this is a z table and you probably add/change data in that table through your own custom coding anyway, why don't you just update the changed-by and the changed-at fields with sy-uname and sy-udate whenever you add/change table entries in your coding?

Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos

Hi micheal ,

Thanx, perhaps this is the best answer....

I hv activated the log data changes in tech.settings (se11).i hv also used sy-datum and sy-uname for storing the respective values.

In tcode scu3 its telling table logging is not currently active in ur system..

How do i get rid of this problem.

but in (se16) when i execute my tcode, sy-uname and sydatum fields are reflecting.

how do i activate my table logging.

please help.

0 Kudos

Also when i am executing table CDHDR in se16 and giving the uname,udate,utime,and executing it..im getting a message..no enteries selected ...what can i do for this..

please reply.