Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

table in smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. I'm new in smartforms, so maybe my question would be a silly one, but i really need help. I've made a copy of a smartform and tried to launch it. I've generated the function module and when I launched it all the table from the smartform suddenly disappeared!! In old smartform(the one I copied) there is a table. But I have no tables in the new one (suggested to be as exact copy).

What can I do about it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Copying SMARTFORMS try this:

go to Transaction SMATFORMS.

enter the name of the Smartform to be copied.

In Menu take Utilities --> Download.

Provide a location ( Preferable a folder on C or D Drive and not My Documents or Desktop as these fail in some cases due to access issues ). and save.

Similarly download the style also if any.

Now go to system where you have to copy and go to menu Utilities --> Upload and provide the location where the XML is stored (one u downloaded from source system ) and then click ok. upload the Style also.

Here you are done with it. Activate it and use it.

Sri

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should add the tables from the original form to the new one. to see that, go to Global settings -> form interface -> tables.

Afterwards, activate the form and the FM will be generated again automatically.

Regards

0 Kudos

Well, the thing is that I'm talking about the table on the form, not the system tables used for data, but the drown table used to represent data on the printable list.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Copying SMARTFORMS try this:

go to Transaction SMATFORMS.

enter the name of the Smartform to be copied.

In Menu take Utilities --> Download.

Provide a location ( Preferable a folder on C or D Drive and not My Documents or Desktop as these fail in some cases due to access issues ). and save.

Similarly download the style also if any.

Now go to system where you have to copy and go to menu Utilities --> Upload and provide the location where the XML is stored (one u downloaded from source system ) and then click ok. upload the Style also.

Here you are done with it. Activate it and use it.

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found it. It was all about the language. 😃