Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table generator problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

first i have changed the table maintanence because of adding anew field .

then i have changed the newly added field in table (just assiged a data element ) and then changed the table maintenence i got 2 new fields in maintenece

one with '+' sign and one with field name (because of data element )

so

after deleting and creating also i can see that + sign field which does not exist in table

what shd i do..

5 REPLIES 5

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

vm,

in data element you have to maintain like this.

Length  Field Label                                             
 Short             10      Last name                                               
 Medium            12      Last name                                               
 Long              20      Last name                                               
 Heading           25      Last name

Amit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Table Maintenance Generator fields sometimes displays field headings with a '+'.

I do not know the reason why that happens( that happens even though the Field Labels are given properly).

But I know how to rectify it.

Go to SE54.

Enter the Table Name.

Select Generated Objects. Click on Create/Change Button.

If Maintenance Type = One Step Click on Overview Screen.

If Maintenance Type = Two Step Click on Single Screen.

Click on Layout.Screen Painter will be displayed.

Double Click on the Coloumn Heading which is howing '+' sign and enter the name in the NAME Field.

Save and Activate.

Warm Regards

R Adarsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

You need to give the fields labels first in data element.

give the name according to your need in cariuos categories like short, long. Also specify the length such that it is allways equals or greater to the name you have mentioned.

once you are done with these things , activate your data element and recreate your table maintenence genrator by deleting the previous one first.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vijay,

i encountered with the similar problem. for ur problem u first go to se11 there u click on data element and go to field lables. There u give the length according to short medium and long say u can give 5 , 12 and 30 ,with the field name accordingly. Then save it and activate it. and then activate the ztable as well.

Now u go to table maintenance generator and delete the earlier TMG and create the new one and generate

that properly and save it.

now u can see that in table contents there will not be any '+' sign the field name will be there which u have given in data element.

i hope this will work for u.

reward if u find this helpful.

Regards

saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

Goto the SE54 screen, and enter Change/Create mode of your generated maintenance dialogue. Select the change option. On the pop-up, select the option Expert Mode.

In this 2nd pop-up, select the options for 'Control Specific Modules', and also the option of 'Refresh Overview screen'.

It should work.

Regards,

Rekha