Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table controll is filled with the wrong collumn sequence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I currently have a problem with a tablecontroll: The Sequence of the collums is wrong.

As you can see, in the elementlist the sequence of the fields is as follows:

1     waers            (währg)

2     Date_from      (Beginn)

3     Date_to          (Ende)

4     GRPLIMIT       (Gruppen Limit)

The Screen-Painter reflects that:

When I diyplay the screen as a Test in SE80, I get the correct sequence:

When I want to use that view in my Viewcluster however, it always displays like this:

When I check the tablecontroll with the debugger, it looks like this at PBO:

(Displaying waers at index 4 instead of 1....)

When I change the index Positions using the debugger, I get the correct results, but that can't be the solution...

I used SE11 to create the view, SE54 to create the Dialog (SE54 again to create the Viewcluster)

The Sequence of the fields in the View are also exactly the same as they should be in the view itself...

There are about 20 Views in that cluster and this is the only view with that problem...

What can I do to fix this?

What do I need to do, to avoid this in the future?

Btw:

- When I delete a field from the viewscreen using screen painter, the view in the cluster will refelct that.

- When I add the same field again at a different place, the view cluster will show it at the same place as above (which is the wrong place from my point of view...)

- I also tried to get the table controll to display all four collumns as fixed (which works fine with the other screens), but here it will revert back to its original 2 fixed collumns.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check table TCVIEW, "Table control views (user settings)". This table stores the order of columns in table control, there is a dialog maintenance available in SM30 too.

For reference there is a FAQ at Note 121550 - User settings table control.

Regards,

Raymond

6 REPLIES 6

karun_prabhu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Carla Klappstein.

Check if any default variant is set for that table control by clicking the CONFIGURATION button provided at the top right hand corner of the table control

Regards.

0 Kudos

Hi,

unfortunatly there is no different setting.

I also can't drag and drop the collumns in order to simply create my own setting

When I click on "Administrator" it also displays the wrong sequence (although now the fixed collum part works...)

0 Kudos

Hello Carla.

If you are seeing the wrong sequence on clicking Administrator tab, someone would have altered(dragging the columns using mouse) the table control columns sequence and saved that setting as standard setting.

You can test it by changing the column sequence and create a new variant and make it standard setting.

This standard setting will overwrite the sequence of columns created in the program.

That's why you are facing the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just for everyone who might have the same problem one day, I found the following solution:

The Screen had been used with the older (now wrong) layout.

Somewhere this layout had still been saved (don't ask me where, I wasn't able to find it...)

In the end I deleted the old view, and created a new one, with a slightly different name (instead of finlimgrpv it is now finlimgrv) -> Now it works the way it is supposed to.

If anyone ever finds the spot, where the wrong layout is still saved, I would appreciate the information.

Thanks

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check table TCVIEW, "Table control views (user settings)". This table stores the order of columns in table control, there is a dialog maintenance available in SM30 too.

For reference there is a FAQ at Note 121550 - User settings table control.

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

THANK YOU!

THIS seems to be exaclty right!

In this table there are wrong entrys for the old table controll!

(I do not want to rewrite everything again, so I will not implement the old solution once more and check, if this really is the solution, but it seems to be)

I assume this issue to be closed now, thanks again!