Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table Control Modification for Note implementation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am applying a note, wherein I have to add a field TAX1 to a table control. I am able to add the field, but it is shaded grey. Moreover when I run the note after doing the necessary modifications, it is giving an error 'Element TAX1 touches or overlaps other element'. Whats the solution?

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

the message what you are getting comes when one field overlaps with the other in dialog programming.

PLS check the length of the field TAX1 and its position in the table control

0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried increasing and decreasing the field element size compared to the field length, as well as tried putting it in different positions. But to no avail.

0 Kudos

Hi,

you check the visible length of the field.

rgds

0 Kudos

Hi,

when I removed the text element, which gives the heading for that particular field, its not showing the error. But in the second table control for the same screen, it is giving the same error for an element which i did not place at all in the table control, i.e., i inserted the field ADDTAX1, but it is giving the error for ADDRATE1, which i am not inserting into the table control at all.