Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table control conversion exit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone. I'm having a problem defining a table control. I'm using the wizard to do it, setting the table as an internal table of a program with it's corresponding work area (both of them declared as types of structures that I previously declared in the data dictionary). Four of the five fields of my table are decimal values with sign, and what's happening is that the program dumps (CONVRESION ERROR) whenever a negative value has to be displayed.

First thing I noticed is that if I reference this fields directly to the dictionary structure instead of using the internal table, I can see the field format in the screen layout. As if the field format is lost by using a work area declared in the program. Unfortunately, data is also lost by using the structure, so it's not a solution.

Can anyone please give me some advice about what to do with this situation?

Thanks a lot,

Fernando.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the domain defining by you, you have to mark the flag "SIGN +/-".

Maybe you forgot this flag.

Regards,

Pepe

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the domain defining by you, you have to mark the flag "SIGN +/-".

Maybe you forgot this flag.

Regards,

Pepe

0 Kudos

Already checked that, and it's ok. In fact, I tried creating an ALV using the same tables and it shows all values correctly.

Thanks for the idea,

Fernando.

0 Kudos

If you still want to use the table control, try with this:

In the screen, declare the fields with the same name as in the data dictionary. In a PBO module (inside the loop), pass data from your internal table to dictionary strcucture. And in PAI (inside the loop), pass data from the dictionary structure to your internal table.

regards,

Pepe

0 Kudos

Thanks, but due to time requirements we've decided to use absolute values for that table adding a description field to identify negative operations. I'll try your idea anyway so I can work it out, but when there's no hurry.

Thanks again,

Fernando.