Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table and field for picking Shelf Life Expiration Date

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not an abap technical question . Its something that needs to be asked to abap Consultant.

For a material, I am getting the batch number from mchb table .. But I am not getting the Shelf Life Expiration Date For Batches . Can u please tell me the table from where i can get it . Help me if u are able to. Bcoz I am struggling with this small problem ..

Thanking all of u in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try out MCHA-VFDAT. Is that what you require? If not, please let me know.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try out MCHA-VFDAT. Is that what you require? If not, please let me know.

0 Kudos

I tried that .. But in that table , the dates are not getting stored . Its blant in that table . If u run the transaction mb5m, u can see that date . That is showing the date .. F1 help is taking me to mcha-vfdat. But in VFDAT data is not there . But date is there in the o/p of mb5m. So please look into this .

0 Kudos

If it is not, then it can only be MCH1-VFDAT. As the table name suggests, this is the case when the Batch Management Cross-Plant.

Regards,

Anand Mandalika.

0 Kudos

FYI , there's some good introductory information on Batch management at http://www.sap-img.com/mm030.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

If you look at the program, it is selecting from the view V_MMIM_LC, but it is selecting the shelf life expiration date from MCHA or MCH1 only.

If the total shelf life in days is maintained in the material master(MARA-MHDHB), then system calculates the shelf life expiration date. It takes the date of first goods receipt as the production date and adds the total shelf life(in days or weeks or months or years depending on the period indicator MARA-IPRKZ) to it to get the shelf life expiration date.

See if this is how it is doing in your system.

Please let me know if this helped.

Srinivas

0 Kudos

Dear Srinivas,

What u told may be correct.. I think so.. But mcha1-vfdat will meet my requirements without any issues.. Anyway thank you for looking into my problem ..

Regards,

Shankar