Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table and Auth group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I searched all the threads but I couldn't find my answer yet, maybe because my question is very simple and I should know the answer.

My question is; Is it allow or possible that we can assign Auth group (custom auth group) to a default table. For example Mara is a table and MA is the auth group for this table and so many other tables which comes under this auth group. Can I take one of those table from MA (which is already assign an auth group) and put it in new auth group. Is that possible?

I tried but I couldn't do it, can you please tell me if we can do that.

Thanks

Faisal

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Faisal,

How did you try to do it, which was then not possible?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi,

I used se54 to create auth group, whenever I try to assign to this auth group that I created to the default table it didn't show up that it assign, it shows me error that I'm not allow to to cross client table ... something like that.

can you tell me where I'm making mistake.

Thanks

Faisal

0 Kudos

Hello Faisal,

If I remember correctly, the table into which the auth-groups are assigned to tables is client independent. This means that if you change it in client 020, it will also be changed in client 040.

However, authorizations and users are client specific, so your intended effect in client 020 might cause problems in client 040... particularly so if the "default table" is client independent.

For this, the system checks object S_TABU_CLI. It is a warning to you that you should check with the other clients in the system that your change is known to them and will not cause problems...

It sounds as if that is what is stopping, or warning you.

Cheers,

Julius