Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system settings for bdc?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi frenz!

are there any system settings for running a bdc automatically in background?

the problem i am facing is that my bdc code is running in the background as required in the devlopmant system whereas when i move the same code to the quality system i have to go and execute the bdc explicitly in sm35. Please advice.

as an additional peice of info im using call transaction method and the mode used is P..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

manubhutani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Payal

I dont think this is possible as there is no parameter in open_bdc_group by which u can run the session automatically coz u need to run that explicitly from sm35

may be you are using both call transaction and session methods in case on fails.

Please rewrd points.

6 REPLIES 6

manubhutani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Payal

I dont think this is possible as there is no parameter in open_bdc_group by which u can run the session automatically coz u need to run that explicitly from sm35

may be you are using both call transaction and session methods in case on fails.

Please rewrd points.

0 Kudos

hi manu,

iam using call transaction mode only but after the execution of call transaction i am getting sy-subrc as 1001 in quality system which is not the case with my devlopment system

regards

payal

0 Kudos

1001 Error in batch input processing.

Check the data you are passing for Batch Input while running in background mode.

0 Kudos

HI Payal

I was also once getting the same value of sy-subrc.

My problem was with recording.When i was running in foreground,I was pressing the buttons(ok_code)

but in background it was not possible very obviously

so I checked my recording and the problem was solved.

Secondly, check if you are hardcoding a request no somewhere

as while running a bdc it may asks for a request

but it wont be in quality.

Please revert back in case of problems

Please reward points.

0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

I checked the recording as you suggested and it was picking up one extra field in the particular transaction which existed in my development server but not in the quality system...

for finding this point i ran the bdc in E mode so that it showed me where the error was occuring...

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Payal

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot K.P.N for the help..