Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System debuggable - Where can I see?

Peter_Inotai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where can I see if a program / function module is debuggable only if I'm on system debugging mode?

Eg FM K_CSKB_AUTHORITY_CHECK can be debugged only in system debug mode. If I try to set a break-point, then I got the following message:

<i>Breakpoints in system programs are only observed in system debugging

Message no. ED 183

Diagnosis

You set a breakpoint in a system program.

Procedure

The system will only interrupt the program at the breakpoint if you have switched on system debugging.

</i>

Any other idea then trying to set a break-point?

Thanks,

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the attributes of the main program (for the FM) you will see a 'program status' attribute. This will be set so to indicate it is a 'system' program. (In your case, the main program is SAPLKBER, and you can see the same attribute in SE38 -->attribute).

If you want to debug a 'system program', go to the debugger (by /h) and choose 'system debugging' from the 'settings' menu option in the debugger. Then it will put 'system debugging' on.

cheers,

3 REPLIES 3

christian_wohlfahrt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Peter!

It's in attributes of code. There a status (system, productive, test) can be seen.

In table REPOSRC-RSTAT for programs (SE38 stuff) or SEOCLASSDF-RSTAT for classes (SE24) this attribute can be found, too.

Regards,

Christian

0 Kudos

Thanks for the anwers for both of you....unfortunately I wasn't able to give 10 points for both of you:-(((((

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the attributes of the main program (for the FM) you will see a 'program status' attribute. This will be set so to indicate it is a 'system' program. (In your case, the main program is SAPLKBER, and you can see the same attribute in SE38 -->attribute).

If you want to debug a 'system program', go to the debugger (by /h) and choose 'system debugging' from the 'settings' menu option in the debugger. Then it will put 'system debugging' on.

cheers,