Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to other session programmatically

shadab_maldar
Active Participant

Hi Experts,

I want to switch to other session programmatically.

Is there a way to achive this.

Regards,

Shadab

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

What I proposed in the comments (execute Call Screen within aRFC) is not a popup, but a full screen display, so Alt+Tab would work (as if you open a new session and start a transaction).

You may open an amodal popup, but it can't contain a dynpro, only a GUI control from the Control Framework (for instance: HTML Viewer, ALV Grid) Cf demo program RSDEMO_DIALOGBOX_CONTROL.

11 REPLIES 11

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please give more details - perhaps an example.

shadab_maldar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mathew,

Thank you for the reply,

If For example I have opened VA01, VA02 and VA03 .

Now when I execute the program(with the desired TCODE like VA01 or VA02 or VA03 which are already opened) this should open that active session of transaction.

More or less I want to achive the functionality like Alt+Tab.

Regards,

Shadab.

kiran_k8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shadab,

More than how I am interested in knowing why ?

K.Kiran.

shadab_maldar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Actually I want to get the minimize button at the modal dailog screen and searched regarding this on the forum too.

We get the close button on modal dailog screen but not a minimize one.

So I thaught a work around of giving a button and calling a active open session.

Please suggest and correct me if I am wrong

Regards,

Shadab

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you want to start a transaction/program in another session? (execute an aRFC with a screen)

shadab_maldar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

I want to just get the functionality like Alt+Tab.

Because I am not having minimize button in modal dailog screen and thaught of goinig with this alternate of navigating to active open session.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Shadab

arpitr
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can add "create new session " button on tab.

shadab_maldar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arpit,

In that case if we had open maximum number of seesions(Max 6) than the system throws an error popup(Maximum sessions has been reached) and it will lead to a bad information for the end user.

Regards,

Shadab.

horst_keller
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

You can neither switch between SAP GUI windows nor minimize/maximize SAP GUI windows programmatically from ABAP.

That there is no minimize button on pop-up windows and that those are always on display until closed is a flaw for which I don't know any workaround.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

What I proposed in the comments (execute Call Screen within aRFC) is not a popup, but a full screen display, so Alt+Tab would work (as if you open a new session and start a transaction).

You may open an amodal popup, but it can't contain a dynpro, only a GUI control from the Control Framework (for instance: HTML Viewer, ALV Grid) Cf demo program RSDEMO_DIALOGBOX_CONTROL.

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for the demo program it was helpful.

Please send me the above solution as an answer(instead of comment) so that I can mark it correct and close the thread.

Regards,

Shadab