Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppose one lack records having in BDC uplaod,which one can i propose uploa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suppose one lack records having in BDC uplaod,which one can i propose uploading these records?call transaction or session method which one is better?How?

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Hassan,

Upload the same with <b><i>CALL TRANSACTION METHOD</i></b> with N mode ....

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hassan

I would suggest session method, since we are talking in terms of lakhs of records, the interface or conversion program can run for a long period depending on the complexity of the program!.

In session method the advantage will be that the created session can be run during sometime in the night, not hindering other processes.

former_member186741
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

'call transaction' is a bit easier and quicker to write. So for a once off program with low data volumes this is fine but bdc sessions give you logs and error handling tools so for ongoing use and to handle large volumes bdc sessions are better.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hassan,

I would suggest you to go with Session Method, Since you have huge amount of records tracking errors in Call Transaction would be an extra work on you whereas Session will auotmatically log your errors.

Regards:-

Santosh.D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hassan,

The Session method is better and used for processing large amount of data and it will give error log itself if any comes. and the other thing is you can run session method in background but call transaction is not possible to run in background.

Session method can handle multiple transactions at a time, while in call transaction , only one at a time.

But call transaction is much faster than Session.

Database update is synchronous in Session,while it is either synchronous or asynchronous in Call Transaction.

here is the exact differences..

Call transaction:

Session is used to handle larger amount of data and error handling in implicit, while in call transaction, you have to explicitly handle error situation.

1.Synchronous Processing

2.You can update the database both synchronously and asynchrounously.

3.Transfer of data for individual transaction

4.No batch input session is created.

5.Faster than other batch input techniques.

6.No automatic error log and restart capability is available here.

7.Not recommended for bulk data transfer

Session.

1.Asynchronous Processing

2.Synchronous database updates

3.Transfer of data for multiple transaction

4.Batch input sesssion is created here.

5.Automatic error handling and efficient restart capability incase of error transaction.

6.SAP's standard approach for data transfer

7.Highly recommended for Bulk data transfer.

8.Execution is slower than CALL TRANSACTION.

for details you can go thru this link

Please go thru this link.

Reagrds,

Amit.

Reward points if useful