Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Substitution rule has to triggered after save document in FB70 and FB75

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have a substitution rule for REFNR field and that will trigger when you make FB70 and FB75 for 2 company codes. In the user exit for subustitution we have a code to get the next object number for some other purpose. because third party will use this generated next number for their legal requirement.

The real problem comes this substitution rule is triggered before save document. due to this if i came back from the transaction without saving the document I am losing that generated number which i dont want.

I need some tips on this. is there a way in the substituion settings we will trigger this exit at save document.

I would appreciate your inputs on this.

Regards

PRasad

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using FM NUMBER_GET_NEXT to get the next number? If so, once you call the FM and it assigns the number, I don't think you can re-use it.

Rob

0 Kudos

May I know what is importance of call point .003 means documen number.

Does it mean this will trigger after save document .

Regards

PRasad

0 Kudos

It does not.

Rob

0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

I would like to know.

call point 001 is document header

call point 002 is document item

call point 003 is complete document.

I am assuming 003 triggers after complete the document.

Any clue on this.

Regards

PRasad

0 Kudos

To the best of my knowledge, these are all triggered well before the document is saved.

Rob

0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

But as per the 003 description I am guessing it will be triggered when it is saved.

Let me try some example then i will let you know what is the purpose of 003.Meanwhile if you can get some useful info kindly update me as well.

Regards

PRasad