Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

subscreen in the main selection screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement where in i need to add subscreen in the main selection screen.

In the subscreen i need to display the values from a standard table in the ALV-Grid format.

But the data in the ALV-Grid should be displayed on giving the selection criteria in the main screen. the values should be displayed automatically without giving any user command.

Please help me in this regard.

Thanks in advance.

Nirmala.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a custom container on your main screen below the selection screen.

Some user event or the other is required to trigger the PAI.

In this case, you could probably have a check box or some kind of radio button (give the USER-COMMAND addition) and trigger the PAI thereby displaying the ALV grid on the custom container.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a custom container on your main screen below the selection screen.

Some user event or the other is required to trigger the PAI.

In this case, you could probably have a check box or some kind of radio button (give the USER-COMMAND addition) and trigger the PAI thereby displaying the ALV grid on the custom container.

0 Kudos

The issue is solved for the ALV-grid. i created a custom container and am able to display it.

i have another issue in the same program. i have a selection block in the main screen, its has 4 input fields. on entering the values in the 3 input fields the data should be calculated and displayed accordingly in 4th input fields which would be visible on screen and thn on clicking execute button the program should be executed. how can i get the value in 3rd input field.

please help.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I suppose you mean that you want to populate the 4th field.

This can be done by calculating the required value in the AT SELECTION-SCREEN event.

try this:

PARAMETERS : p1 TYPE i,

p2 TYPE i,

p3 TYPE i.

AT SELECTION-SCREEN.

if p1 is NOT INITIAL and p2 is not INITIAL.

p3 = p1 + p2.

endif.

0 Kudos

Hi,

As I already told you, some event is necessary to trigger any action.

What you can possibly do is, input data in the first three fields, have a check box that says 'Calculate'. Use the USER-COMMAND clause in addition to the declaration as checkbox. Calculate and display the data in the 4th field.