Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUBMIT a report that uses screen programming

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a report which uses screens created in screen painter and not selection screens.

currently the submit command supports only selection screens.Can you tell me how to achieve this for screens created by screen painter?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vighneswaran,

Have you tried something like this.

SUBMIT report1 USING SELECTION-SCREEN '1100'  "Assuming 1100 is your screen number
               WITH SELECTION-TABLE rspar_tab  .... "Your other clauses

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vighneswaran,

Have you tried something like this.

SUBMIT report1 USING SELECTION-SCREEN '1100'  "Assuming 1100 is your screen number
               WITH SELECTION-TABLE rspar_tab  .... "Your other clauses

0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes I am using this and I get that the screen does not exist since it is not a selection screen but a screen created via screen painter. So without the using selection screen keyword the screen comes up.The trouble is I am unable to populate the fields of this screen with the keyword "with" of the submit statement.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Vignesh,

I would suggest you to record a BDC for the screen and use it in a report. Now submit the BDC report which calls the screen.

Regards,

Karthik D

0 Kudos

Hi,

Some times we get the problem on via selection screen. those are parameters are not passed, screen should not displayed.

these thing are happend. so, better to go record the bdc for the screen and use it in report and submit the record bdc screens.

Edited by: sekharch on Jan 31, 2011 4:37 PM

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SUBMIT is for type 1 programs only - i.e. reports with selection screens. If you've any dialog in there, SUBMIT simply won't work. CALL TRANSACTION is one route, as others have suggested, via BDC. But if the program your trying to run is a Z program, why not rewrite it so that the business functionality and screen handling are seperated - then you can call the business functionality direct from your calling program. (See MVC pattern for more detail or the whole programming concept of layered design).

If the program you're wanting to run isn't your own, then look for BAPIs, FMs etc. some kind of API, and call them.

matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SUBMIT keyword is only for executable programs, for dialog programs you can not use submit keyword.

You can try BDC recording for this as suggested by Kartik.

Instead of passing data into selection tab just pass it to BDCTAB.

Thanks,

Anmol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

And why don't you create a selection screen and make your life easier instead of trying to come up with all sorts of (complex) solutions to a problem that in fact is not a problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.