Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the difference between Field string and Structure and when we use these?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Structures: used to different fields together in a single unit. it doesnt occupy any memory. it doesnt hav any primary key. its just a template.

Field symbols: using this field symbols we can store any type of data. i.e for internal tables we declare a table with respect to a table.and we cant store data of another table in that table where as a field symbol can be used for generic purpose.

i.e we can store any table data in it. it depends on runtime what kind of data that we r using that field symbol.

Regards,

Padmam.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Structures: used to different fields together in a single unit. it doesnt occupy any memory. it doesnt hav any primary key. its just a template.

Field symbols: using this field symbols we can store any type of data. i.e for internal tables we declare a table with respect to a table.and we cant store data of another table in that table where as a field symbol can be used for generic purpose.

i.e we can store any table data in it. it depends on runtime what kind of data that we r using that field symbol.

Regards,

Padmam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rams

<b>field symbols</b> These can store any type of data. where as <b>structures</b> used to different fields together in a single unit.

<b>structures:</b> it doesnt occupy any memory. it doesnt hav any primary key.In field string for internal tables we declare a table with respect to a table.and we cant store data of another table in that table where as a field symbol can be used for generic purpose.

Reward all helpfull answers

Regards

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Field String and Structure both are same, which doesn't occupy memory and which stores a single record at run time.

They are nothing but group of fields declared together in astring like structure

date: begin of xstruct,

no type kunnr,

name(30),

sal type netwr,

end of xstruct.

<b>Reward points for useful Answers</b>

Regards

Anji