Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange problem with Batch Input

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks!

I'm facing a really strange problem. I have a batch input on mode N that gave me an error, so I switched to mode E to see what was the problem. In this mode I found that it wasn't filling some fields although the code for the filling of those fields are fine. So I switch the batch input in mode A so I can follow what was going wrong, and the strange thing is that in mode A it does fill everything OK, and does work fine.

Have anyone faced this kind of problem?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

Gilberto Li

null

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mode A means, after each pop up window, with OK code.. we are hitting 'Enter'..

Do mode A, once more..and make sure.., u are not hitting 'ENTER' , unless and until, that OK code pop up box appear...

may be there is a single enter missing..to populate that data...(may be some default values, which get populated on screen..on hitting enter) so in mode E, and N, tis not getting populated..and in A.. as we hit enter.. tis getting populated..

all just aasumptions... .

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mode A means, after each pop up window, with OK code.. we are hitting 'Enter'..

Do mode A, once more..and make sure.., u are not hitting 'ENTER' , unless and until, that OK code pop up box appear...

may be there is a single enter missing..to populate that data...(may be some default values, which get populated on screen..on hitting enter) so in mode E, and N, tis not getting populated..and in A.. as we hit enter.. tis getting populated..

all just aasumptions... .

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI

I AM SURE THAT SOME WHERE SOME COMMAND (ok code) IS MISSING IN THE MODES 'N' AND 'E'.

check for it and use.

Reward points if useful

Regards

Anji

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Gilberto,

Sujamol has put it perfect;y. This is one mistake that we generally tend to do when we are doing a BI. When we do a BDC is A mode, we should press enter only when we get the pop up.

If you are pressing an enter without getting a pop up , that means you are missing some code which handles the additinal enter that you hit in A mode.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help guys.

I have solved the problem. The problem was that for some data entered there was a popup that didn't showed and their the reason that the batch input failed, and when executed visually those fields where filled by an enter as you guys replied.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Gilberto Li

0 Kudos

hello Gilberto,

i am facing the same problem, can you tell me how exactly did you handle this problem?

thanks,