Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard filter problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a problem with standard filters option. I have a report output in which some quantity fields are displaying upto 3 decimals and some fields are upto 2 decimals.

Filters are wokirng for any value for = sign. For >, < , >= , <= options filters not working.

I am unable to find the solution and unable to know how it is comparing if we use > < etc.

Any help on this problem is highly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MarcinPciak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Setting filter means: leave only these values which are i.e >= 100,00. Number of decimal places are irrelevant here (for those with two decimals, 3rd place is 0). So if you are setting filter >= 100,00 this means that all values which are greater or equal to 100,00 will be shown on screen.

What you describe might be due to currency field. All amount fields have reference field defined for them (of type CURR). Therefore each time you apply filter it might be already filtered only via certain currency i.e. EUR. This could result in wrong filter (at first sight) but in fact it is filtering by two fields: AMOUNT + CURR. Check this out and ensure that it is not being filtered by currency too.

Regards

Marcin

2 REPLIES 2

MarcinPciak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Setting filter means: leave only these values which are i.e >= 100,00. Number of decimal places are irrelevant here (for those with two decimals, 3rd place is 0). So if you are setting filter >= 100,00 this means that all values which are greater or equal to 100,00 will be shown on screen.

What you describe might be due to currency field. All amount fields have reference field defined for them (of type CURR). Therefore each time you apply filter it might be already filtered only via certain currency i.e. EUR. This could result in wrong filter (at first sight) but in fact it is filtering by two fields: AMOUNT + CURR. Check this out and ensure that it is not being filtered by currency too.

Regards

Marcin

former_member254311
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi

check outputlenght of field in fieldcatlog . some time filter problem under due to insufficient length

regards

anand kumar