Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spool: Format type change by default from X_65_132 to X_65_200

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

During Payment run execution using Tcode F110, spool requests are created. Default spool format type of the spool request is X_65_132. I want to change this to X_65_200 by default. How do I do this?

Thanks,

Shravan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Private_Member_7726
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well, I'd try to:

1) find out what SAP program produces the list;

2) set the default format for that particular program via standard print options dialog

Please tell if you need help with 2) .

cheers

Janis

7 REPLIES 7

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Goto SPAD and change the settings from there.

Also, check the users settings as this can overwrite what is in spad.

Private_Member_7726
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well, I'd try to:

1) find out what SAP program produces the list;

2) set the default format for that particular program via standard print options dialog

Please tell if you need help with 2) .

cheers

Janis

0 Kudos

Hi Janis,

I could find out the SAP Program but this is scheduled in the background during execution of tcode F110.

Regarding Default format for that particular program, how can we set the standard print options. Print Dialog for this will not be displayed to the user.

Can we do this settings at SPAD level, if yes how can we achieve this?

Thanks in Advance.

Shravan

0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess the easiest would be via program RSPRIPARADMIN (if you want to make the setting cross-user). Otherwise, if you want to set it for a prticular user only, the easiest would be to log on with that user, in SE38 enter the report name and choose via menu: Program=>Execute=>Background. The Job scheduling screen will be displayed and there you can access the print options dialog via menu: Goto=>Print Parameters. Then click Properties, follwed by Specifications, choose PAART, set the value and restrict the validity "For this report only".

If you do not have the X_65_200 in the system, in needs to be created (and maybe assigned to appropriate device types) in spool administration (transaction SPAD). Do you have it in the system? If you do, you don't have to do anything in SPAD.

cheers

Janis

Message was edited by: Jānis B

0 Kudos

Hi Janis,

Report RSPRIPARADMIN resolved the issue. Do we have an option to set the default format type at user level?

Thanks,

Shravan Garrrepalli.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm glad it worked, because sometimes some stuff is hardcoded in reports and then one needs to start fiddling with code modifications... No, unfortunately there is only global delete for user-specific settings in RSPRIPARADMIN. Yes, every user him/herself can overreide cross-user settings (via standard print options dialog), but I know of no way how an admin person could do it for a user... I'll try to look if there is other admin program perhaps, because logging on with every individula user for administration activities is not very practicable.

cheers

Janis

0 Kudos

Hi again,

No, I'm unable to find any tool to administer user specific print parameters outside user's own context. It's very puzzling - how to maintain the settings for a non-dialog user types then..? - but it is what it is. on 702 I only find "abandoned" looking (only display mode implemented) programm RS_PRIPAR_DEFAULTS.

cheers

Janis