Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartforms replaced with Java based ADOBE!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it true that Smartforms was replaced with this new Java based Adobe version in SAP Ver 5.0?

Can anyone send me a link for more information of Java based Adobe Version or any weblog if present??

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

Adobe interactive forms will be the next alternative to SMARTFROMS but not a total replacement.. the old stuff will still be supported but new developments will be using the Interactive forms.. pl read this

Regards,

Suresh Datti

4 REPLIES 4

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

They are not replaced...

But there is similar concept Interactive Forms which is available in Ver 5.0.

regards

vijay

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

Adobe interactive forms will be the next alternative to SMARTFROMS but not a total replacement.. the old stuff will still be supported but new developments will be using the Interactive forms.. pl read this

Regards,

Suresh Datti

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

information on the Interactive Forms solution is available in SDN at http://sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/adobeforms and in SAP Service Marketplace at http://service.sap.com/adobe.

While the rendering engine of Interactive Forms is Java-based, high-volume printing is still done from ABAP in transaction SFP (similar to TA SMARTFORMS). The new features are in the interactive use of PDFs.

Regards,

Markus Meisl

SAP NetWeaver Product Management

0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam just still in search of finding the driver programs for the adobe forms.aRE THERE ANY STANDARD DRIVER PROGRAMS AVAILABLE FOR ADOBE FORMS because when iam doing configuration in NACE i have to give program name also.But for adobe forms i don't know what to give.Can any one tell me whether any programs exists,,if at all they exists is it required to purchase them from SAP to use them.

Please give me your inputs which will help me a lot.

In our project we are planning to use adobe forms.

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,

sasidhar