Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartforms Paper Format

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All -

I am in the process of creating a form that needs to print in LETTER format in the US and in A4 format from Europe. Is there a way I can possibly put those two sizes into one smartform or will I have to create two forms? The content in them is identical.

I've tried changing the printer settings in SPAD to always print from the A4 tray for the European printers, but as the Smartform is labelled as in Letter format it's always prompting me for manual feed.

Does anybody know if this can be done? The help is much appreciated!

Thanks -

Abby Dywan

2 REPLIES 2

former_member221770
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abby,

I don't think you can do this because the Page Format is in the Form Attributes of the SmartForms - and you can't specify variables here.

However, it may be worth trying to change the Page Format via a Printer Command call in the SmartForm. Not sure if this will work or not, but it's worth a try.

Within your MAIN window, add a COMMAND Node at the top. Right Click, then Create->Flow Logic->Command

Depending on your Printer type, you can put in the relevant Printer Command here.

Like I said before, I don't think this will work, but it's worth a shot.

Cheers,

Pat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abby,

Just remove the tray settings from SPAD. We had a similar issue and we designed the smartform to suit both sizes . Whatever is default tray of printer ( sequence of tray ) will be used. If the printers support different paper size then the default tray on the printer sould be set as the one desired and it should have paper in it. Not much control in SAP over printer trays.

Cheers.