Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartForms Page Protection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using SAP's flights examples just to make it easier to explain .... I have a table in Main on my smart form set up as follows:

Header

CARRID Event on Sort Begins

Header Text that Says "Bookings for XYZ Airlines"

Main Area

2 Cells that Contain the Flight and Price

CARRID Even on Sort Ends

Footer (nothing here)

My output would be similar to:

Bookings for XYZ Airlines

AA017 $1200.00

AA020 $1150.00

Bookings for ABC Airlines

CA002 $898.00

CA076 $650

I want to ensure that at each new Airlines, that the Airline Header Text "Bookings for XYZ Airlines" and all of the flights and prices under it stay on the same page. How can I achieve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Create a Folder for all these text Nodes and

Click on the folder there is TAB <b>Output Options</b>

In that Check Page Protection.

Please reward if your problem solves.

Regards

vijay

6 REPLIES 6

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Create a Folder for all these text Nodes and

Click on the folder there is TAB <b>Output Options</b>

In that Check Page Protection.

Please reward if your problem solves.

Regards

vijay

0 Kudos

I had previously tried the Folder before and could not get the page protection to work. Just tried it again and still can't get it to work. Here is what I have

Header

CARRID Event on Sort Begins

Folder1 with Page Protection

Header Text that Says "Bookings for XYZ Airlines"

Main Area

Folder2 with Page Protection

2 Cells that Contain the Flight and Price

CARRID Even on Sort Ends

Footer (nothing here)

I must be doing something wrong, but I just can't figure it out. Do you have any ideas? thx

0 Kudos

Hi Janice,

Page protection always works at particular folder level. In your case, "Booking for XYZ Airlines" which is in SORT event is one folder, and each line of data in TABLE MAIN AREA is under another folder. So you have to group the heading + data into one folder to get the required result. You can achieve this as follows-

In your main table display, loop at gt_flights into gs_flight...Set the sort attribute..

ANd in your sort event, create a folder and set page protection for that folder. Set PAGE PROTECTION for the folder created, not for sort event.

Then display the header text under a table line in this folder and after that crate a loop which will have "LOOP AT GT_FLIGHTS into GS_FLIGHT1 where CARRID = GS_FLIGHT-CARRID" and crate your table line under this loop and display the data.

Don't have any thing in your main area. This way since everthing is in a folder, page protection works.

If this is not clear, please let me know your mail id. I can send the xml file of a sample form and you can upload and check it. good luck

Hari

0 Kudos

Thx for your response Hari! Everything you say is clear and makes sense. I have tried it and have 90% of it working -- it would probably be helpful to see your xml file -- my address is fenwickj@novachem.com.

I have to run, but I will try it first thing Monday and reward points then.

0 Kudos

Just got it all working -- no need to send example.

Thank-You!! Very Much!! Points Rewarded

0 Kudos

Hai Janice,

I am maruthi.I also have the same problem Regardsing page protection.

So can u send a sample xml file to my mail.My mail id is maruthikonijeti@gmail.com.

Please forward xml file to my id.

waiting for your favourable reply

Regards

Maruthi