Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartforms Footer for a Loop Inside Main Window.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a smartform where in the main window i have a loop that has a folder inside it where a lot of work is being done there. When looping, i will make something like a form that is filled by this loop.

My problem is that, for each for i need to display a footer that contains pages and an information about the form being printed. E.g:

Suppose we have 3 type of mobile phones. The form will be filled with info. of each of them. the footer will contain the mobile that is being filled here.

the problem is illustrated below

Page1

---------Mob1---------------

Name:

Type:

Make:

Desc.

--------footer area--------

Mob1     1/4

-------------------------------

Page2

---------Mob2---------------

Name:

Type:

Make:

Desc.

(Desc. Break to next page)

Mob2     2/4

Page3

------------------------------

(Desc. Continues...)

Mob2     3/4

Page4

---------Mob3---------------

Name:

Type:

Make:

Desc.

Mob3     4/4

how i can change the text in red in the footer for each page?!

15 REPLIES 15

former_member188827
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

your problem is not very clear. However, if you just want to change the color of text being displayed in footer, then go to smartstyles and define a format in desired color and assign the style to the footer text element and respective format to the text.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Abdullah,

I could not get your requirement clearly either. Do you want that your each phone information should come on different page with its dedicated footer. one page (form that you call it) per phone? You can use Page Break and Page protection as required.

Please revert with more details.

Regards,

DN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Add a code line in your footer window to extract the required data dynamically and display it.

arindam_m
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well looking at the query. I guess the only way is to look for the window or text element that does that even though the folder has lot of stuff in it may be start with the layout editor to get an idea of the window if it main window then check the elements in that.

Cheers,

Arindam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts.

Thanks for your replies. here is a more clear description.

Imagin that you have multiply purchase orders in internal table. for each purchase order, you are required to display the purchase order Doc. Number in the footer of each page. but when the purchase order is finished, you need to change the Doc. number.

we have a main window and an other window below it, but the footer will always display the last doc. number on all pages.

i hope this will give you a better idea of the problem.

0 Kudos

hi Abdullah,

You are saying that the footer prints the last Doc Number in all the pages? If this is the case I would suggest you to create a secondary Footer Window and print the required Docu Number using a variable.

Please let me know your views regarding this.

Regards,

DN.

0 Kudos

This is what we are currently doing, but it is not working. Always the last document number will be printed for all pages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

As you have mentioned in your question I think what the correct thing you are looking for is not the footer area its adding 1 more line in your main area of the table coz you are displaying details of 1 mob in 1 page, hence you just have to add 1 line item in the main window and change in the layout of the already present layout (ofcourse you have to do quite a bit of resizing in layout and window but I believe it the only way for this requirement, which means there will be a little bit of blank space and then the space where you will get ur "fotter line") of the table and then you will get your desire output.

I hope this helps.

Cheers!

Robindra Jain

former_member205060
Active Participant
0 Kudos

What i understand with your concern is that you need to display the summation (or footer value ) of each mobile in red. You need to make a smartstyle by using font color and apply the same in text element. Instead of using footer use Main window only. If you need to display one mobile information in 1 page only then Use "Command" to trigger new page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think guys we are not under standing each other.

here is another example.

Suppose you have information about 3 invoices in an internal table. you need to print the invoices using SMARTFORMS. All invoices will be in one Smartform. This how the invoice looks

1st invoice

|      page header         |

|    invoice#                   |

|    Items Desc.             |

|     Comments             |

|                                   |

|    Page footer           |

the content of the page footer is the following:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

| Invoice#                    page# / total # of pages                          |

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the final output should be something like this:

|    invoice#101            |

|    Items Desc.1          |

|  101      1/3                 |

|    invoice#102            |

|    Items Desc.2          |

|  102      2/3                |

|    invoice#103            |

|    Items Desc.3          |

|  103      3/3                |

when we created a window for the footer, invoice#103 will display on the footer of all pages instade of 101 for first page footer, 102 for second page footer and 103 for third page footer. how can we fix this ?!

0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

This is what I said, you should not declare footer in your case. you should add one more line in the template of the table and adjust it in the manner that all you data should appear in the manner you want them to display and now create a text element and pass the value you want to print in the added line in the template which you are taking as "Footer" . Since you are displaying records of 1 items at a time, it wont be much of a problem in applying this.

Cheers!

Best regards,

Robindra Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

BTW, the internal table for invoices varies. Meaning that there maybe 1000 invoices to be printed using smartforms.

0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

There can 10000 records in the table, but on one page of a smartform you are printing only one invoice i.e. details of 1 item on one page hence I am sure the logic should work.

Cheers!

Robindra Jain

atul_mohanty
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

1. You may have loop over an internal table. If go to the 'data' tab you may see 'sort criteria'. Put the field name of 'mobile' as sort criteria. And click the check box ' event on sort tab'.

2. Now u should get a 'star' event on sort end for the field 'mobile' in left side of smart form navigation of the loop. Add a 'command' go to new page 'Page number'.

3. In the footer, next to main window add a secondary window and create a text element inside it.

4. Pass the value of work area of the loop with field mobile sat W_TAB-MOBILE.

Let us know if ir works. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check exactly where the footer detail texts are printing,Check the Smart Styles they have used

if it is not used any where else change it otherwise copy the style and create your own paragraph style format if it is standard text go to SO10.

In SO10 they will use the paragraph format,replace with new paragraph format you have created.

Regards,

Ravi Shankar L