Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform with function modules in nodes?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys, I'm trying to use the function module 'RV_PRICE_PRINT_ITEM' within a node that i'm currently using in sapscript.

For some weird reason I am not receiving any of price conditions that i'm supposed to.

I've double and triple checked the parameters are exactly the same and even tested the function module by itself and everything works.

Is it possible that the function module won't run correctly within a smart form node?

THanks,

-Shaunt

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please mention the node type where you are calling the FM? If you are not already doing so, the node type Program Node might solve your issue. There are a couple of other places where you can write your code as well, like in Global Definitions-->Subroutines tab and others. Please do share the outcome.

Regards

0 Kudos

Yes, I tried in the program node also in the global definitions. I'm pretty sure the problem is an SAP bug and I've opened a note with them. I'm sure of this now because i've tested the function module in a basic abap program, from the test screen, and within an abap programming that calls sap script. All of these work fine but the same exact call returns nothing when running in the smart form. I looked for notes relating this and there was 1 that looked like it could be a similar problem, i'll update you when i have fixed the issue.

Thanks,

-Shaunt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have a similar problem.

I have a print program and sapscript. In the print program, I call FM 'RV_PRICE_PRINT_ITEM' (of course fill out the structure before calling it).

Transaction VF02/VF03, enter the billing document and then print or preview the report (this will call the print program and the sapscript).

If I do the above steps in VF02, FM doesn't return any data in KOMV table. However, when I do the same steps in VF03, the function module returns data in KOMV table.

Any idea why? I checked komp & komk structure in both VF02 and VF03. They're the same.

Any input will be appreciated.

Martin