Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform with Cyrillic characters

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a smartform with Russian characters that works fine when using the font courcyr, but when using timecyr I get '#' in place of the cyrillic characters. I have no problem using the timecyr with sapscript, but the only way I can print cyrillic characters in a smartform is with courcyr and I want to use timecyr. Do smartforms use a different set of fonts than sapscript? Any ideas?

Thanks

Craig

4 REPLIES 4

sridhar_k1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using the same output device in SAP to print both Cyrillic smartform and sapscript?

Regards

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it is the same output device. The sapscript will come through fine, but the smartform has the pound sign ('#') for the characters.

0 Kudos

The language of the sapscript might be russian and smartform is not translated to russian.

If you are using message control for printing, make sure the output issued in the language you are trying to print.

Regards

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

The smartform is translated because it works fine when using the courcyr font.

One thing I did find out it that not even english characters come through when I use a non courier font. The only font that works with out smartform is courier, yet we can use any fonts in our sapscripts?????